Wednesday, June 29, 2011

That's the Way It Lagos

Sometimes I think it's a shame that people don't follow international affairs very well, but on other occasions it isn't so disappointing. After all, if the President of Nigeria's name were widely known, how many bad jokes would it invite? Not to mention his wife. Their names will appear below, but you have to wait:








(won't be long now)



Goodluck Jonathan and Dame Patience.

Seriously. If you are reading this, you're probably googling the names now to make sure there's no mistake. Go ahead. I'll give you a moment.

You see? Instant fact check.

I used to hang out with Dame Patience when we were both students at Port Harcourt University. Or was it the University of Port Harcourt? A nice young lady, but her elaborate hats used to block my view of the chalkboard. And for the person behind me, it was even worse, because my elaborate hat blocked his view of Dame Patience's elaborate hat and the chalkboard. College!

No comments:

Post a Comment